Integration with Xero!
1) Xero is the online accounting solution which “opens up a world of opportunities to increase efficiency, streamline the way you manage your business, and add moments of beauty into your working day.” In line with requests from the vending sector, we are now getting integration with Vendmanager up and running, so that our customers can enjoy the benefits of both systems - together.
2) No, this does not impact our full commitment to maintain and
further improve our other integrations - and that includes Sage.
Integration with Xero!
“Log in online anytime, anywhere on your Mac, PC, tablet or phone and see up-to-date financials. It’s small business accounting software that’s simple, smart and occasionally magical.”
That’s the promise made by Xero, the online accounting solution that is gaining rapidly in popularity across UK SME’s - including our own vending sector. And that’s why we have been receiving ever-increasing requests to provide integration between Vendmanager and Xero - from both current and prospective clients.
So we are doing just that. Right away. Vendmanager is integrating with Xero. Please get in touch with us if you want to know more about this integration, or check out www.xero.com to understand better how online accounting with Xero “helps you do mundane bookkeeping tasks faster, so you can enjoy more time doing the things that matter to you.”
How do we Prioritise Integrations?
It’s not our role at Vendmanager to decide which additional systems and solutions our clients prefer to deploy in their businesses. And it never will be.
But we are very proud of our ongoing track record in:
- both adding ever more powerful features within the core functionality of Vendmanager itself…
- and successfully integrating with external solutions (software / hardware) in the best way to deliver results for our clients.
Integrations to date have spanned accounting, stock control, warehousing, courier dispatch, CRM, and e-commerce. Interoperability is very high on our list of priorities, and powerful integration solutions have already ranged from hook-ups with:
- the long-established (think Sage the accounting suite)
- to systems gazing to a bright future (such as LightSpeed the ground-breaking pick-to light system where we put in place the first-ever integration in Europe).
The decision whether to integrate externally or bring additional functionality within Vendmanager itself needs to be taken on a case by case basis, weighing both commercial and technical priorities.
Increasingly we are building API’s (Application Programming Interfaces) wherever they are proven to be both effective and cost-efficient.
At times we have decided to specify, design and build peripherals and hardware solutions ourselves - because we just were not content with the existing options already available externally (think Datakey and Databridge: both created in-house to give our clients more than they could get elsewhere).
On some occasions, integration is one of the possible solutions, but our analysis shows us that we can get closer to 100% client satisfaction by increasing Vendmanager core functionality (either as well as, or instead of, integration). This is the case currently for example with mapping, where our development work continues to add ever more powerful mapping features within Vendmanager itself - because it helps our customers (and that is after all, the reason we come to work each day).
What we set out to do every day is implement solutions - and increasingly integrations are (part of) the right answer.
So, if you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like more information, please get in touch. We’d love to understand your priorities - this is a topic dear to our hearts!
Published 20th February 2019
Back to News